About Futsal and Beach Soccer
Futsal is an indoor version of soccer that develops a player’s skill on the ball in tight spaces, speed of play, and is tons of fun. Futsal comes from the Spanish term "fútbol sala" or "fútbol de salón." The term is commonly translated as “indoor football.” Futsal is played on a hard surface which creates a very fast-moving game. This is a great way for players to develop their technical skills and tactical awareness in tight spaces.
“When I was a young boy in Argentina, I played futsal in the streets and in a club. It was great fun and made me the player I am today.” – Lionel Messi
History of beach soccer
- Beach Soccer, has the lowest impact on the body with the highest energy requirements in the greatest setting in the world, the World’s Beaches. Played by all ages, from eight year old boys, girls, adult and coed teams as a conditioning or active competitive level, it is played on the world’s beaches or anywhere sand is available.
- Beach soccer offers fast fun and exciting action. Small fields, five versus five competitions on the sand with unlimited substitution, keeps the action going in this exciting and fun game.
- Beach Soccer is a great equalizer for varying degrees of skill and conditioning, soft sand helps cushion impacts on the body and slows down the fastest of runners and can be played by anyone wanting to have fun on the beach. New soccer skills are developed and stamina is improved over time while having a great time on the beach.
- Beach Soccer is not only fun to play it is fun to watch. Fast moving action and higher scoring because of the smaller fields and the unpredictable bounce of the ball in the soft sand make this an exciting game. Aerial skills with the ball are developed as this is the faster and more accurate way to move the ball. Unlimited substitutions let the players catch their breath as each team typically has five players on the pitch and five subs.
- Beach Soccer is the fastest growing sport in the US, with the amount of players almost doubling every year.
Miami United FC Youth Futsal and Beach Soccer Mission
- To create a family fun and safe atmosphere where the whole family can enjoy a weekend of organized athletic competition, good food, entertainment, and music in an outdoor setting on the sand or futsal court.
- To promote a team spirit
- Help the local community start and maintain, grow, and nurture the local youth participation in futsal and beach soccer as an added conditioning and training exercise for all sports.
- Prepare athletes to participate in the local, national, and international futsal and beach soccer tournaments.
- Introduce futsal and beach soccer to the local community of field soccer, indoor soccer, or other foot skills based clubs of recreational youth and adult organizations in the local areas.
- Produce a tournament that is a weekend destination for local as well as distant athletes that attracts a range of talent from the local youth to the top international athletes.
Our program is open to all Miami United FC Youth players and players from outside club teams (see below for information and registration). If you have any questions regarding Futsal, please contact Patrick Ramos, MUFC Youth Technical Director.
2020 - 2021 Futsal League Information
Who: Open to any travel team in the area
When: Training will be once a week - alternating with Beach Soccer
Format: 4v4 + GK, no roster max
Cost: *new for 2020* - only $350 per player! (This program will be separate from all other program fees for Miami United FC Youth.)
Checks made payable to Miami United FC.
Mailing address: ATTN: Futsal and Beach Program,
Bring: Water, shin guards (required), ball, indoor or running shoes (required)
Rules: View the rules here
Game Schedules: available here
Registration is now OPEN for the 2020 - 2021 program. We are excited to get the season underway!